Monday, February 21, 2011

An Introduction

Hi,
My name is John. My wife and I lost our 23-year-old daughter to as yet unexplained circumstances on 29 December 2010. This blog is for me primarily, but also for other fathers who've lost a child, especially their only daughter.

I've searched high and low and there are very few websites/blogs/forums that deal exclusively with a father's emotions after the loss of a child, and that's because men grieve differently than women.

So I hope by sharing my story and my feelings as I go through them, that other people, especially men, will be able to relate with what I'm going through. I ask for no sympathy, but will thank you for it if you provide it. I welcome any opinions you may have and will try to respond to them as quickly as possible, but please be patient for a response...I'm new at this.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment