Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Weekend is Here

Well, I finally made it through another two weeks in order to get a weekend off...such is the nature of my job. Every Wednesday and every other weekend off, a pretty tough schedule to keep, especially when working 11pm to 7am. But I persevere and push through it.

Much like I'm doing through my grief. My wife and I talked this evening about how we're feeling and dealing. She did most of the crying and I did most of the talking...trying to push through this.

When my mother passed away in the early '80s and my brother 10 years later, I was able to push through it, or at least I thought. I cried uncontrollably for my mother within weeks of her death, not at all for my brother. I wasn't that close to him by that time and that may have been the reason, I don't know.

But now we're talking about my daughter, our daughter, who we helped to nurture into such a sweet caring human being and loving wife. It's been two months and very little tears...very little. I constantly wonder about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment